The highly motivated candidate with a strong work ethic will be responsible for the training and supervision of seasonal staff in proper maintenance procedures. The qualified candidate will assist in planning, scheduling, and supervising maintaining putting greens, tees, fairways, bunkers, and associated supporting facilities.
The Assistant Superintendent performs a variety of golf course maintenance tasks, including but not limited to, assisting staff in daily maintenance, pesticide and fertilizer applications; irrigation repairs, and making improvements to the golf course under the leadership of the Golf Course Superintendent.
- This is a full-time year-round position. Must regularly work weekends and is required to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- The Assistant Superintendent reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent and may serve in the Superintendent's capacity during his absence.
- The successful candidate will be a strong leader and team player with logical and effective decision-making skills.
- The candidate will manage according to the direction established by the Golf Course Superintendent and the Grounds and Green Committee.
- Education Requirements: College Degree from an accredited college in Turf Grass Management or related field preferred.
- Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- Candidate must possess a WI Pesticide Applicators License or the ability to obtain one in the first year.
- Valid Driver's License Candidate must be willing to work weekends as demanded by golf and clubhouse events.
- Minimum of two years of golf course maintenance experience.
- Compensation: Based on experience
- Start Date: Immediately Available